About Luminate Ventures
About Luminate Ventures : Ian is an accomplished ‘Executive’; with General Management experience across sectors, effective Leadership qualities and a range of Skills and expertise. He deploys his functional expertise of Sales & Marketing, Digital transformation within a variety of ‘Start-up, Private and FTSE 100-350 TMT & FS companies’. He specialises in Strategy, Change, Transformation, Digital and Consulting services, along with ‘go to market’ (GTM), with a focus on successful ‘execution’. His natural high energy and positive outlook keeps him engaged with all stakeholders.
Business education includes an M.B.A from Glasgow. With a continuous drive for business education, Ian’s commercial career has been enhanced with the attainment of the ‘Chartered Director’ qualification
(C-Dir), from the Institute of Directors – underpinning Board Performance, Governance, Business strategy, Executive performance and Operations/Risk in 2008.
Latterly, Ian has embarked upon an Interim and Consulting career, managing roles such as ‘Global Customer Experience and Support, Chief Commercial Officer, Commercial Director, Managing Director, Sales and Marketing Director’. He has done this across sectors;
TMT, Retail Financial Services, Legal/Professional Services and Cloud tech – including managing teams ranging from 3 to 80 direct and c300 people via third party providers.
Overall, Ian has helped businesses succeed over the last 11 years through a combination of:
- Designed and implemented a ‘simplification strategy’ for a ‘teleNet bank’ – leading to a significant growth in customer numbers, sales of Financial Services products, with reduced costs
- Designed and started the implementation of a Digital strategy to ensure 25% of all transactions were digitally enacted over a 4 year horizon
- Delivered a regulatory compliant customer journey and positive experience around consumer and Sme customers having on-line and telephone services
- Specified ‘build access’ portals for partners, B2B customers access to tools, data and interaction
- Extensive experience of working with design, creative and digital agencies – across a spectrum of services – including analytics and social media audience definitions
- Developed a specification for an initial App to manage loyalty & rewards – points based for a range of retailers, service providers. Covering Food, Travel, Transport, Pubs & Clubs, Fashion and Beauty services
- Worked with a FinTech to provide payment services via App to simplify and unify Loyalty transactions, payments and Rewards
- Created, developed out and launched a consumer brand for a Legal firm, ‘Your Legal Friend’
- Managed a re-brand following an acquisition, designed to minimise the disruption and realign to the new proposition and customer journey – Consumer (non-advise) to a consumer/Sme ‘advised’
- Joined an early stage start up – e-Loan – developing a GTM strategy, a full marketing & sales/channel strategy for Mortgages, Loans and Car finance – on-line
- Over 20 years of solid leadership expertise – both long term, team build/manage and short term change/transformation – across several industries: Telecoms/Tech, Retail Financial Services, Education, Legal/Professional services
- Created and developed a new operational division for a global manufacturer, software provider
- Strong Sales Management, Account Management and business development leadership skills – matched to marketing services activity
- Managed P&L, product, pricing and commercialisation of propositions in a variety of sectors
- Stakeholder and Partnership management – pertinent when dealing on short term/Interim